Sunday, September 9, 2007

9/9/07 - The Quiet

Everyone is gone.

My cell phone hasn't rung for 12 hours, a record since the whole wedding craziness began.

Last night we said goodbye to my husband's brothers (I still get butterflies calling him that, even though it is a week today since the ceremony). Two work colleagues left as well, and my parents have gone round the island with some Kiwi friends who flew here for the wedding.

This is the first morning that we haven't been woken up by my relatives talking about their plans to visit the volcano, my great uncle making cracks about dildos (no joke), or our jet-lagged friends with no idea what to do with themselves wide awake at 5:30 am.

Although there isn't a cloud in the sky, the ocean is only steps away, and the Big Island is a fabulous hub of outdoor activity, he and I decided that we are not going to leave the house today. We might venture out of the house to Wal-Mart to put his brothers mini-discs on DVD so we can see footage of the wedding and the last week of our adventures with our closest friends around the island, but some how I don't think we will.

Goal today is to 1) get all the wedding photos up on some website (still have to make it), and 2) plan what I am gonna do with my days in Hawaii with no job.

Will let you know how I do;)

4 comments:

Guisun said...

Well finally you can enjoying sometime with your husband rather than play host. I've uploaded the photos to http://picasaweb.google.com/guisun/
they are unedited. Most needed editing because I had to crop a lot of them out. The edited ones are on facebook. If you need anything else let me know. Enjoy your married life!

Unknown said...

I love it!
I want to be in Hawaii too!
Dana, I really liked what I saw of my short trip to the big island.
I had been to Kuaui and to Oahu, but the big island is now a favorite.
It seems so long since we were actually there.
I miss you dearly at work, but I am glad that I was able to help you celebrate your wedding.
And I am definitely taking you up on your invite to come stay with you too ;)
You always have an air mattress at mine, hehehe.
Enjoy the down time. You deserve it. I wish I had some!
I love you!

Ericita said...

Yeah! I'd love to hear the updates on your life in the "Aloha-land" :)
(as oppose to "Arigato-land", hehe...)

It was nice that we got to spend some time together, share stories, having good laughs, remembering the old times...

I miss you so much already...!!
Hey, I am definitely coming to visit you again while you are there, too!!

Viste said...

Congratulations Dana and Luis and thanks for a wonderful time in Hawaii. The wedding was very lovely. Best wishes for the future.