Thursday, September 13, 2007

Surfer Girl

So I had ahi last night and the night before. Not doing too well in getting rid of the mercury running through my veins. I did, however, buy multivitimens last night, so that is one step toward healthiness.

Yesterday I went surfing with Paul. I sucked, but I had a great time. I caught several wave bymyself, and I stood up. Today I hurt everywhere, however. Not only are my arms sore (I almsot had to ask for help taking my sweater off over my head), but my stomach muscles are soo sore. I mean, not just the typical muscles, like after you have done situps, but muscles that I didn't even know existed!

It was a blast, though, and I think next week my brother and I are going to go to Costco and buy a surfboard. There are many things you can get at Costco in Hawaii that you can't get at Costco's on the mainland, such as:

- five gallon containers of soy sauce
- ridiculous amounts of teriyaki flavored seaweed
- giant jars of lomi lomi salmon
- bulk containers of chopsticks (300 pairs to a box)

My husband and I are going to unpack all our boxes today. Hopefully that will work out the lactic acid in my arms and shoulders.

We are also going to open up our wedding gifts. I have been avoiding doing that because of the requirement of writing thank you notes, but two weeks after the wedding, and it is time. Will have a list of the coolest (and maybe the uncoolest?) wedding gifts up tomorrow.

Almost lunch here, gonna try to avoid eating ahi.

1 comment:

Guisun said...

I bet they sell wasabi paste in bucket too.