Tuesday, October 9, 2007

aloha!

Been incommunicado for a while because I have been obsessed with the TV series Rome. Put it on your Netflix Queue. It is amazing. Kicks Lost's ass (because they didn't loose momentum in the second season).

Hubby and I have been busy socializing or attempting to socialize. I joined the American Association of University Women, which seems to be composed of white women over the age of 50, but they are all really nice. We went to a garden filled with tropical fruit (cherimoya, tropical apricot, etc). Hawaii, being so far in the middle of nowhere, doesn't have much indigenous fruit (We do have the poha berry) as it was so hard for seeds to survived a journey of 5000 miles.

Here is a photo of my husband picking guavas on the side of the road.



The farm was near a coffee mill, where farmers who have production too small to have their own roasting plant take it here.




Sunday morning I forced Hubby and Mom to do a 10k walk, which is what I walk in the mornings, so I thought it wasn't a big deal. Well, I have been informed that I can't do that again, and to keep it to 5k if we are going to do community walks. :)

Then we went Mauumae beach. A friend of ours owns a vacation property right at the end of the beach so we had beautiful weather, georgous views, and of course, Paul and my man grilled up some very yummy meat :)






Hubby and I have been taking camera and film courses at Na Leo `O Hawai`i, which is our public access channel. I apparently have to produced content at least once a quarter if I use their cameras, and after it runs I will post it on YouTube so you can make fun of me.

No comments: