Monday, October 15, 2007

Morning Walks

My knee has been really bothering me, and Hubby and I can't afford a gym, so all I can do for exercises is water sports and walking. Every morning, I walk 6 miles (takes an hour and half if that was going to be your next question). So from about 6:30 to 8 am. I listed to the NY Times Audio Digest (thank you Audible) for half of it, and the other half of it I listen to a book. Right now it is Water for Elephants, which is fantastic if any of you are looking for a new read.

My walks are always interesting. I see people paddle boarding, gorgeous sunrises, Ironman Triathletes training, etc. A couple of weeks ago I saw 6 police cars storm a house. 6 police cars and about as many policemen screeched to a stop in front of a house by the 3.5 mile marker, and they all drew their guns and banged on the door and finally busted in. I was walking (very fast) past the house cause I didn't want to get shot.

Today, as I walked past the same house that had been raided before, I looked down at the driveway and found a 1.5 inch X 1.5 inch zip lock baggy with a pill with powder in it stapled shut. The zip lock baggy had a superman design,like so:

So I picked it up and kept walking. And then, like a good citizen, I gave it to Officer Foster (he was the first policeman I saw that morning). I told him, that it could be aspirin for all I know, but the baggy and the fact that it was stapled shut, AND that I found it in front of a house that I saw stormed, well, made me notice it.

So on my way back I saw a crowd of people in the road and they were surrounding this poor biker in the middle of the street. The biker wasn't moving. Looks like he got hit by a car. I am not a gawker, or at least, not an obvious one, and I walked right past. About three minutes later, police cars and ambulances shot by me.

Hope he is okay.

2 comments:

Guisun said...

You know what I'm thinking yeah?

Dana Maldonado said...

You are thinking exactly what I thought