Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nanowrimo and Nightmares

For the first time in about 8 years, I have my Halloween costume organized before the 31st. If I haven't told you, it is still a secret, but I will post pictures and you will all be surprised by the subtle scariness I exude. Hubby and Paul will share the same type of costume, so I will post pictures of our ghoulishness.

I am going to participate in Nanowrimo this year. The last time I participated I was in Iowa, and I don't think I got very far. Basically, all participants have a goal to write 50,000 words of the novel that they have inside of them during the month of November. Anyone who finishes that word count "wins." My brother, mother, and I will be participating, while Hubby will use our think tanks and plot sessions to work on his own work.

The goal of Nanowrimo is to force people to produce. Because there is a word count and a time period, the whole point is for you to put things down on paper, and edit later. Most people get caught up in the idea that a first draft has to be ready for the publisher, but the whole point is to use December for editing.

I am having horrible nightmares, and I think it is because my brain has nowhere to channel all its energy, so it insists on killing me every night in one way or another, or at least making me watch horrific car accidents. I usually only get nightmares when I am emotionally stresses out, but I think that my brain is bored and doing this to me to give me a kick in the butt.

1 comment:

Guisun said...

Thats weird, I'm having car related dreams as well, but its not accidents but me getting arrested. ;p